Dear KBEK Listeners and Friends,
This might be the hardest and strangest post ever made on our page… Ok not strangest because we’ve shared some pretty crazy things… But this is difficult. We’ve always prided ourselves on being an independent commercial radio station, generating operating costs through the sale of advertising. As local businesses in our listening area close they are no longer in need of that service. The suspension of Live From The Listening Room as a venue, meeting place and source of revenue adds to our hardship and our ability to sustain as a local business.
We will continue to broadcast as close to our regularly scheduled programming as possible. At this point and time ALL of our DJs you hear on air and all remaining staff are volunteering their time and for that we are extremely grateful.
We have added a ‘Donate’ button below. Our plan is to continue to support our listening community through the KBEK 95.5 FM airwaves by continuing to broadcast local artists, information and entertainment.
If you are so moved, please scroll down and hit that donate button.
THANK YOU all for your continued support.
Things you may be curious about
The Listening Room
- Doors open at 7 pm, music and broadcast start at 8 pm, unless otherwise noted.
- General admission, intimate seating. First come first serve. Sharing your table with others is encouraged- and a fun way to make new friends!
- We serve alcohol, mocktails, popcorn and organic coffee. We do not serve food.
- You don’t need a paper ticket. Purchase them online, your name is added to a list of guests & just check in at the door.
- All shows take place at our KBEK studio, 208 Broadway Ave. S. Braham, 55006. You are able to park on the street anywhere near the venue, unless otherwise noted.
- Brief intermission takes place at 9 pm, unless otherwise noted.
- If you’re still curious don’t hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com or shoot us a message on our Facebook page.
- We look forward to seeing you at our next show!
- The purpose of KBEK 95.5 FM is to unite, grow and strengthen the organizations, educators, government leaders, arts, commerce, listeners and others who define East Central Minnesota’s character through its live and local programming, thereby creating a sense of community.
- KBEK is committed to providing the very best in LIVE and LOCAL radio, reaching listeners as far north as Sandstone and south into the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
- Listen online at kbek.com, scroll on down to the bottom of the page.
- Download the app, TuneIn. Search for 95.5 FM & you’ll be all set to take us with you wherever you go.
KBEK is happy to share Community Opportunities with our listeners.This is a free service we offer to non-profit organizations or community events within the East Central Minnesota area.
Submissions should be short and direct with no more than seventy words and may be made by:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Snail Mail – P. O. Box 362, Braham, MN 55006
In Person – 208 Broadway Ave. So., Braham, MN 55006
All PSAs will be read in rotation. This means that they will not necessarily be read every hour, but as often as they can be depending on how many we have on file. If you’d like guaranteed air-time, please visit the KBEK Advertising page.