Burnett County Confirms Two More COVID-19 Cases
From Burnett County Public Health:
Burnett County Public Health received notification of our fourth and fifth confirmed cases of
COVID-19. The fourth case was reported over the weekend. The fifth case was confirmed this morning.
The individuals are reported to be currently isolating at home. Contact tracing and investigation is underway.
Burnett County Public Health and the Burnett County COVID-19 Response Team have been
preparing for positive cases of COVID-19 and are taking the necessary steps to limit further spread.
The order is gone, the virus is not. Everyone can do their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Please remember:
- Avoid social gatherings with anyone other than people who live in your home (no
playdates, dinner parties, sleepovers, large family dinners, individual visitors). Avoid large
- Practice physical distancing from others, staying six (6) feet apart. Wearing a cloth face
mask is highly recommended.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are
unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough/sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face.
- If you get sick, call your hospital/doctor before going in.
Burnett County Public Health and the Burnett County COVID-19 Response Team are ready to
handle positive cases of COVID-19. We will continue to work with Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the Centers for Disease Control, and our local partners to make sure our
community remains safe and healthy.